Bright Spot Library
We believe that if we can share both what works (bright spots)–and what doesn’t (fail forward stories)–with one another, we can get to outcomes much faster. Here are a few resources to get started.
- Change Library – online library that allows you to submit and view tools/resources, bright spots, and stories to inspire and accelerate change in communities
- Community Health Improvement Navigator – Centers for Disease Control – search for evidence-based interventions that work for chronic disease
- What Works for Health – County Heath Rankings and Roadmaps – Searchable database of community-based initiatives to improve health.
- National Equity Atlas – set of data and resources on equity, health and wellbeing.
- PolicyLink – list of broader resources on achieving equity through policy and structural change
100 Million Healthier Lives Resources
Click the links below to access resources about 100 Million Healthier Lives:
- 100 Million Healthier Lives Program Brief: Approach to Equity
- 100 Million Healthier Lives Overview Brochure
- 100 Million Healthier Lives Logos – click here to request access to add the 100 Million Healthier Lives logos to your website, email signature, and other communications to show your part in the shared movement.
- IMAPP Improvement Library
- Mapping the Movement – our interactive map to learn where activity is happening in 100 Million Healthier Live, a partnership of Community Commons.
- Measure What Matters Platform
Wellbeing in the Nation (WIN) Report
Wellbeing in the Nation (WIN) answers the question “How do we strengthen wellbeing for our nation, sustainability and equitably?” To solve this problem, the steering committee of Wellbeing in the Nation calls on each state, county and city to implement a nationwide plan to help our communities enhance local wellbeing and reduce inequalities.
Wellbeing In the Nation will strengthen and sustain our entire nation’s wellbeing and equitably enhance prosperity – community by community. Click here to read the WIN report.
Data, tools, and stories to improve communities and inspire change.
Community Commons is a place where data, tools, and stories come together to inspire change and improve communities. We provide public access to thousands of meaningful data layers that allow mapping and reporting capabilities so you can thoroughly explore community health.
County Health Rankings Learning and Action Center
The County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program is a collaboration between the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. We believe America can become a nation where getting healthy, staying healthy, and making sure our children grow up healthy are top priorities. We have a vision of an America where we all strive together to build a national Culture of Health that enables all in our diverse society to lead healthy lives, now and for generations to come.
The Community Tool Box is a free, online resource for those working to build healthier communities and bring about social change. It offers thousands of pages of tips and tools for taking action in communities. The toolbox helps individuals take action in teaching, and training others in organizing for community development. The toolbox helps assess community needs and resources, address social determinants of health, engaging stakeholders, action planning, building leadership, improving cultural competency, planning an evaluation, and sustaining your efforts over time.
Active Living By Design Community Action Model
Active Living By Design’s Community Action Model is relevant for a variety of community health goals. The model was created to support community coalitions and local leaders seeking a collaborative approach to creating healthier places, as well as funders seeking a tested approach for local investments. This model highlights the importance of a community’s context, defines six essential practices that undergird success, and outlines a three-part action approach. It also describes expected impacts. More information is found here.
IHI Open School – The IHI Open School brings you essential training and tools in an online, educational community to help you and your team deliver excellent, safe care. When you engage with the Open School courses and Chapters, you join more than 250,000 learners from universities, organizations, and health systems around the world in building core skills in improvement, safety, and leadership.
IHI’s QI Essentials Toolkit – This toolkit includes the tools and templates you need to launch and manage a successful improvement project. Each of the ten tools in the toolkit includes a short description, instructions, an example, and a blank template. Download the complete toolkit with all ten tools, or download individual tools as you need them to guide your improvement work.
For more improvement resources, please log on via the IHI web site – Lots of free videos and online materials to learn about the science of improvement.